There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, 1 September 2010

A trick of the mind

Last year I spent a good part of a week hunting in vain for my spare pair of glasses, which had sat tantalising in full view on my bookshelf all along. I have now come across a method for finding such pesky things. The trick is to describe aloud the missing object. Thus yesterday evening I declared out loud that I was looking for a purple oblong shaped object. As if by magic my eyes suddenly alighted upon the aubergine, perched inside the door of my fridge. Yet prior to my incantation I could not for the life of me spot where the missing vegetable had vanished to. I have transcribed all this to print lest it too vanishes from my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or contact me. All comments are moderated before being published, so please mark any items you would prefer to keep private as confidential. Thanks.