There was an error in this gadget

Friday, 2 July 2010

If you want to get ahead get a hat!



If friends want to describe me to others they invariably mention my penchant for exotic hats. I rarely leave the house without one set on my head at a jaunty angle. Thanks to e-bay I have been able to add to my growing collection of vintage millinery mainly from the 1940s and 1950s. The oldest hat in my collection has a black veil and silk flowers and dates from 1910. I somehow doubt I will look quite as good if I were to reach a 100 too.





4 comments:

  1. Fabulous hats .... I love the Boleyn one in particular.

    There is currently a 1920's wedding tiara on ebay which I happened to notice the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some beautiful hats! my personal favourite, it looks so good on you, is the third one from the bottom

    Winsome (DS)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your site, it's fascinating. I have bookmarked it to peruse properly when BB has finished. Thank you so much,
    Heather.
    (a.k.a. Artemesia DS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Caro,

    they are gorgeous...as are you

    Thank you...I am looking to start a business from home, and this has never occured to me before, but I do love hats of all sorts, so they say you should first have a love, and then your success is more probable...I now have something to keep me busy after BB.

    Kewps xxx (DS)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment or contact me. All comments are moderated before being published, so please mark any items you would prefer to keep private as confidential. Thanks.