There was an error in this gadget

Friday, 15 January 2010

Video killed the radio star!

 As I have said before, I rarely have my telephone switched on during the day to avoid the inevitable cold calling and the even more annoying automatic dialled numbers, which hang up on you the moment you pick up the handset. Yesterday I realised someone had left me a message. When checked my voicemail I discovered that a producer from one of the most popular radio stations in the UK had read my article in the Guardian newspaper (The Word of Literature ) and wondered if I would be interested in talking to them about it. My first thought was panic. How do I get into shape again after the excesses of Christmas?  Then I breathed a sigh of relief as I realised that it was talk-radio and not television or other visual media. So I shall be ringing them tomorrow to find out what they have in mind. Perhaps I do have the perfect face for radio after all.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting - maybe you're in for more than 15 minutes of fame! Nähdään, James

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I'm glad more and more people are responding to your amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Curt Cole. If I do get to do the broadcast you can all read about it on here first.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment or contact me. All comments are moderated before being published, so please mark any items you would prefer to keep private as confidential. Thanks.